Politics
I really hate the idea of Gen Eds. They just make me feel like I'm in high school all over again, only high school just got fifty million times harder. My career has nothing to do with math, biology, or politics. So why do I have to take any of these horrible, horrible classes? Currently in politics and I'm thinking of all the things I'd rather be doing right now. Let's make a list:
1) Sleeping
2) Writing my Humanities paper that is due tomorrow
3) Memorizing lines for my acting scene that is to be performed on Friday
4) Watching Veronica Mars or Angel
5) Drinking coffee
6) Pacing my halls while talking to Betsy on my mobile
7) Spending time with my sister on her BIRTHDAY (Happy birthday, Debbers!!!!!)
8) Eating cheese
9) Finishing my Bible paper that is due today
10) Plotting my campaign strategy for making Saginaw cool
11) Gouging out my eyeballs with a rusty spoon. Although I suppose this is also a creative way of getting out of this class.
It's not so much that I hate the idea of American politics, per se...okay, yeah, I do hate American politics. But more than that, I mostly really, really hate that I have absolutely no idea what my professor is currently talking about. I feel (and have heard several classmates voice similiar opinions) like the class is not a (freakin') Gen Ed, but is designed for Poli Sci majors. I am not now, nor will ever be, a Poli Sci major. I'm a very, very confused little girl who apparently has no idea how her country is run.
Oh dear. I don't think I was supposed to write that in my blog. Who's going to vote for me for mayor of Saginaw now?
"Vote for Jessi: Proud champion of the politically baffled"
"Vote for Jessi: What's Gerrymandering mean again?"
"Vote for Jessi: Because the other politicians are just so normal"
"Vote for Jessi: A free rusty spoon for all university students!"
![]() What tin-pot dictator are you? Take the "What Dictator am I?" test at PoisonedMinds.com |
I'm apparently not destined to be a dictator, either. Drat.
This entry was posted on 5:49 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.











2 comments:
In my book, there is absolutely nothing wrong with those slogans! At least they're a heck of a lot more interesting than most! And more honest, and more amusing :)
Too bad your poli sci class is so boring. Poli sci is one of those subjects where the professor makes or breaks it.
I will work for your campaign soon, Jessi. The proper action just hasn't come to me yet.
Post a Comment