Case of the Missing Wallet
Near the beginning of November, I was very distraught to discover that my wallet was missing. It was my wallet with my cash in it, along with various gift cards, library cards, video rental cards, and my (gasp) social security card. I was sorely grieved, but I had lost my wallet a few times before and it always managed to show up again.
A month went by and no news of the wallet, so I sort of just gave up and figured I had dropped it somewhere. Then, yesterday afternoon, I got this e-mail from Dr Clevenger, who is my Humanities professor and also head of the music department:
Jessica:
One of our students found your ID in the practice rooms; you may pick it up at the Music Office in the DMC.
Dr C
I was not aware I had lost my student ID and was therefore highly confused. But I was also intrigued about whose ID mine was getting confused with, so I put together my winter gear and waddled on over to the Music Office. Lo and behold, there on the secretary's desk was my long lost wallet! I was elated and there was a period of much rejoicing.
However, when I came back to my room, I looked INSIDE the wallet and was less thrilled with life. My cards were all out of order, for one thing. It only took me a moment to discover that my cash AND change were gone (the change thing just seemed a little bit pathetic, honestly). In addition, all my gift cards were gone! I had a rather large card to Target and a couple of smaller ones. Luckily, my social security card was still in its rightful place.
Upon further reflection, I realized that I had not been anywhere near a music practice room back during the time when I had lost the wallet (as I've only been in the rooms a couple of times since I got to Cedarville). So apparently someone just chose to deposit my wallet into a random location. It seems sad that this sort of petty theft would happen at Cedarville, but I'm not too upset. The joke is really on the thief. One of the giftcards they stole was from Walmart, and there was no money left on it. I was only keeping it because it had Superman on it and I thought it was nifty-looking. So I scoff at you, my thief. You will try to use that nifty card and be saddened to discover that it's blank! (Cue evil laugh) Hahahahaha! Ahhh, the best revenge of all.
Or...something along those lines.
This entry was posted on 6:03 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.










2 comments:
Yes, that's like when someone stole my shoes at the public swimming pool and I had to stumble across hundreds of yards of ouchy concrete to get to the car and cut my foot and stubbed my toe twice... but the joke was on them! The shoes were only worth $10! Yeah... kinda...
Scooping up change is a bit pathetic. Danielle had that happen to her when her car was broken into when we lived on VanBuren. They were disappointed to find the tempting box in her backseat turned out to be Sunday school materials, so they decided they deserved the change.
Glad you got your wallet back along with most of its contents.
Post a Comment