Posted by
Jessi
In:
Lists
Tagged by my Stacy
Go to Wikipedia and type in your Birthday month and day only.
June 21
List 3 Events that Occured on that Day
- Godomor, king of the Burgundians, defeats the Franks at the battle of Vezerone. (524) Okay, so no one cares about Godomor or the battle of Vezerone, but look at all the fun words used in this one. Although I did initially think that Godomor sounded like some kind of STD.
- Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Orkney. The nine sailors killed were the last casualties of the First World War. (1919) Okay, I thought this one was kind of neat, but once again, I mostly liked the fun words. Ludwig von Reuter, scuttles, Scapa Flow, Orkney. What's not to like? Nothing. Tragic deaths aside.
- The World Health Organization declares Europe polio free. (2002) Whatever happened to polio? (Betsy, this one's just for you!)
List 2 Important Birthdays
- Erica Durance (1978). I was so excited to find a Smallville actor on the list. Even if Lois isn't one of my favorites.
- Prince William of Wales. (1982) These were pretty much the only two famous people on the list. But my favorite name on the list was Vasilis Papakonstantinou, whose name rivals Brazalovich.
List 1 Death
- Wilfred "Wop" May (Canadian aviation pioneer) (1952). The best name yet! But seriously, I didn't recognize the names of anyone who died on my birthday. Except for the founder of Stanford, but I thought Wilfred Wop May was more entertaining.
List a holiday (if any)
- FĂȘte de la Musique in France, Belgium and Switzerland. Okay, so Summer Solstice is the more obvious choice, but I thought this was much cooler.
I approve of my list. It is highly amusing to me, but I am currently in grammar so I might find a barium enema amusing right now. And now I have a new goal for my life: Get my birthday up on the wikipedia list. That would be exciting. Here is my list:
List of my Life Goals
- Get a 4.0 mug from school.
- Graduate.
- Do not die in a nuclear disaster.
- Go to France and eat lots of cheese.
- Clone Bill Gates.
- Give clone plastic surgery.
- Marry clone.
- Nag clone to invent things and make money.
- Divorce clone.
- Meet Wonder Woman and borrow her invisible plane for awhile.
- Freak people out with my new invisible plane.
- Create a beet farm/restaurant with Stacy.
- Buy a tiara.
- Spend a day at a playground with Curious George.
- Buy some lemurs and shove one off a cliff. See if the rest follow.
- Get on the wikipedia birthday list.
- Cross things off this list.
This entry was posted on 10:15 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Posted on
-
5 Comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
I think Godomor sounds like something from Lord of the Rings. Maybe it's orc herpies.
Do you mean a lemming instead of a lemur? Lemmings are small rodents that sometimes go off cliffs during migrations; lemurs are simians and are not particularly suicidal.
Thank you. It's a good thing I didn't buy those lemurs. I wouldn't have known what to do with all the extra ones.
Well, you could give them to me. I think lemurs are pretty cute.
I agree with Stacy - Godomor definitely sounds LOTRish.
I love your life goals! Particularly the beet farm/restaurant one. It sounds like something Hercule Poirot would do.
"Buy some lemurs and shove one off a cliff. See if the rest follow."
Honestly! That one made me laugh out loud. The rest were funny, too. But I would have passed lemonade through my nose on that one - had I not finished it already.
Post a Comment