Furniture and Cocktails
Driving back to campus yesterday, we passed a furniture store. I brought up to Katie (my ride) that I had always wondered something: How does one become a furniture salesperson? It doesn't seem that you would need a degree in marketing for this job, but nor do furniture stores seem to hire high school or college students. In addition, whenever I've been gone furniture shopping in the past, it seems that the salespeople have been very knowledgeable. I thought perhaps one has to take a two-month class before seeking employment in the world of ottomans and dining sets. In this class, you'd learn about things like how easy it is to get stains out of various fabrics, the quality of various sorts of springs, and the virtues of oak.
Then Katie brought up an interesting point: If such a class exists, it is certainly a well kept secret. This is true. I have never heard of the furniture salesperson class. Upon further pondering, I've come to the conclusion that the government is behind the hiring of furniture salespeople. They are a top secret organization, their secrets much better guarded than that of the CIA or FBI. I'm still trying to decide what exactly it is that they do, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with bugging your furniture. I'll let you all know when I figure things out.
Quote of the day:
"This class is like a cocktail party, minus the alcohol."
- Dr. Heath
This entry was posted on 1:42 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.










1 comments:
Good insight! I knew furniture salespeople were creepy; I just never knew why.
I love Dr. Heath. He is great.
Post a Comment